PAINWeek On Demand 2018 is a digital library of more than 120 hours of educational content presented at PAINWeek.
This activity is provided by Global Education Group.
PAINWeek On Demand features:
- Online access to presenters’ slides with synchronized audio
- Searchable slide content
- Earn up to 108.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
- PC and MAC Compatible
- Mobile version for most smartphone and tablet devices
- PDF of Slides and MP3 downloads
PAINWeek® provides practical knowledge and tools for busy pain management practitioners to utilize in their daily practice.
The educational design of this activity addresses the needs of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, psychologists, hospitalists, dentists, social workers, and podiatrists involved in the treatment of patients with pain.
“Chronic pain is on the doorstep of every healthcare provider on Main Street. It doesn’t matter whether you’re in Kentucky or Iowa or Ohio or California or New York, it is everywhere. To me someone who says to a patient ‘I don’t treat chronic pain because I’m not a pain management physician’ is really saying there are 7,000 board certified pain clinicians in the United States. That’s a fact. More or less 7,000 vs the number of people in the United States who suffer with chronic pain which, according to the Institute of Medicine, is somewhere around a 100 million people. If you do the math, there’s not enough healthcare providers in that 7,000 to see patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.” Kevin L. Zacharoff, MD, FACIP, FACPE, FAAP
The primary objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Explain pain terminology
- Describe the protocols for acute and chronic pain assessment
- Interpret basic diagnostic procedures used to identify pain disorders
- Describe mechanisms for how regular physical activity and exercise decreases pain
- Identify the specific pain pathways acted upon by certain pharmacotherapies
- Calculate opioid conversions
- Cite current medical/legal issues impacting clinical pain management
- Assess strategies for treating pain and chemical dependency
- Identify the top prescription drugs of abuse
- Recognize a patient-centered approach to chronic pain management
- Apply adult learning theories to patient, provider, and caregiver communications
Date of Release: September 2018
Date of Termination: September 2019
Please note that credit will only be available through the term of approval noted above.
Physician Accreditation Statement
Global Education Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Global Education Group designates this enduring material for a maximum of 108.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Global Education Group (Global) does not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of any organization associated with this activity. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluations of patient conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Global Education Group (Global) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals and their spouse/life partner who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have (within the previous 12 months) as related to the content of this activity. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by Global for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations. All identified conflicts of interest have been resolved
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
The planners and managers reported the following financial relationship or relationships they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests (any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients) related to the content of this CME activity:
Lindsay Borvansky – Nothing to disclose
Andrea Funk – Nothing to disclose
Liddy Knight – Nothing to disclose
Acknowledgement of Commercial Support
This activity has not received any commercial support.
Method of Participation and CME/CE Certificates
This product offers up to 108.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM or a Certificate of Participation for other healthcare professionals based on the number of hours you spend watching presentations and taking the post-test questions. You may re-enter the product as many times as you wish, but you can claim CME credit only once and must claim credit by September 12, 2019.
To receive CME/CE credit for this product, you must:
- Purchase the product
- Read the CME/CE Information available when you first enter the player, you can also access the CME Information by clicking the CME Info button after watching a presentation.
- View the CME eligible session(s) of your choosing.
- After you have completed viewing the session click the Test button above the session for which you intend to claim credit.
- Click on the Test button above the presentation to take the post-test. You must score 100% to earn credit. You will have the opportunity to re-take questions that you missed two additional times.
- Once you have completed the post-test and survey, you will be able to generate a CME Certificate. The certificate will include all credits claimed in the calendar year. (*Please Note: If you already claimed credit for attending the PAINWeek meeting, you cannot claim credit for the same sessions on PAINWeek On Demand).
- Generate and print your CME/CE certificate.
- You must be online and logged into the online version of the product to take the post-test.
Medium or Combination of Medium Used:
PAINWeek on Demand is available online on most mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets.
For the most current list of system requirements, please visit PAINWeek.OnDemand.org.
Provider Contact Information:
For PAINWeek Customer Support:
support@OnDemand.org or (818)844-3299; Toll Free (800)501-2303 (U.S.A. only)
PAINWeek Contact Information:
6 Erie Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Phone: (973) 415-5100
Fee & Refund/Cancellation Policy
There is a fee for this educational activity.
Global Contact Information
For information about the accreditation of this program, please contact Global at 303-395-1782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Learner’s Digest International 2018